Saturday, August 6, 2011

Quieted by Love

Zech. 3:17
"The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty One who will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness; He will quiet you by His love; He will exult over you with loud singing. I will gather those of you who mourn for the festival, so that you will no longer suffer reproach."

The aftermath of the judgment was the awareness of the presence of God. They would know that He was their Savior. Instead of judgment would be rejoicing. Instead of anguish and agony would be love supreme. In fact their pain and heartache would be quieted by His love. Just think to be quieted by His love! What a beautiful phrase!

I too can be quieted by His love. My heartache and pain can be gone as I sit and wait in His presence. I can be quiet as my heart seeks Him and His presence and forgets the pressures and stress that the world throws at me. If I step toward Him and step away from the world, I can be quieted by His love. What absolute peace!

Father,
Thank You for such quieting love. Help me to step away from the stresses of the world and to come running to You for Your quieting peace.
In Jesus name,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment