Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Hammer of the Word

Jer. 23:29
"Is not my word like fire, declares the Lord, and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?"

What power in the word of God! "For the Word of God is living and active, shaper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. No creature is hidden from His sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account."  This same word that is powerful today was powerful in the days of Jeremiah, and I am sure that the heart conditions of God's people resemble the hearts of Israel. Are idols rooting in my heart? Am I attracted to and even consumed with worldy things? But how to cleasnse, how to leave those things behind?

God provideds the way. His word is like a hammer. It breaks the rocks in pieces, even the rocky heart. When the heart is broken and contrite, then God says, "I will give them a heart to know that I am the Lord, and they shall be my people and I will be their God, for they shall return to me with their whole heart." Thank God His word broke up my rocky heart and replaced it with a heart that knows the Lord. I belong to Him, and He is my God!!

Father,
Keep my heart ever tender and soft so that Your word can grow and flourish. Unite my heart to Yours.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment