Monday, August 29, 2011

New Heart

Ezk. 10:17-21
"Therefore say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: I will gather you from the peoples and assemble you out of the countries where you have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.' And when they come there, they will remove from it all its detestable things and all its abominations. And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, that they may walk in my statutes and keep my rules and obey them. And they shall be my people, and I will be their God. But as for those whose heart goes after their detestable things and their abominations, I will bring their deeds upon their own heads, declares the Lord GOD."

Whatever a man sows that he also reaps! God's justice must be met! But He did gather out a remnant, a remnant of those whose heart was not pursuing detestable things. They saw them as the abominations that they were. Into these people, God will give them a singular heart, a heart united to Him. He will give them a new spirit and removed their heart of stone and give them a living heart. God had a specific purpose in doing this--to walk in His statutes, keep His rules, and obey them. God desires dependent obedience! God gives a new heart for the express purpose of obedience.

Father,
Help me to obey Your words. Help me to honor Your desires for my life.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment