Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Joy and a Delight

Jer. 15:16
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by Your name, O Lord, God of hosts."

How true! God's words are joyous and bring delight to my heart. It is in these words that I identify with the One who has called me by His name. It is in these words that I find life, healing, guidance, instruction, and correction. It is in these words that I not only find life but that I find out how to live life. God's words are the source of all that I need for every moment of my life. It is amazing to me that God would give man His living words. What a gift! Sadly, many people see God's words as just a book with no power at all, but when He puts the spark of life within a person then these words bring nourishment and growth. Am I feasting on these words every day? Am I going to them for my joy and delight?

Father,
Keep me in Your words every day so that I might have Your joy and take delight in You and in all that You are and say.
In Jesus  name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment