Thursday, August 19, 2010

As For Me

Ps. 17:15

"As for me, I shall behold Your face in righteousness; when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness."


David had just finished describing the life of the wicked whose portion is in this life. What a great observation! If I realize that my portion is not in this life, I can keep my focus where it needs to be. David's was focused on the purpose for His life. He had made a decision that instead of waking up and letting the day take him where it would, he would behold the face of the Lord. What great words to remember! David also knew that beholding God's face requires righteousness. This says significant things about his life and his life with God. Praise God, I too can see God's face! When I am washed by the blood of Jesus, He imparts His righteousness to me. Without this gift of his grace, I could only see as far as my sin-stained life. So if I behold God through the righteousness of Jesus Christ, what is my part? What do I do? I think that I must purpose. I must make the choice to say 'as for me.' What do I purpose for each day of my life? What are my 'As for me's' going to include? How will I begin each day?

When I have chosen to have purpose in my life, then I can be confident that I can awake satisfied. Wow! I just think of all the people in this world who wake up hung over, depressed, discouraged, without hope, and without purpose. I don't have to experience that; instead, I experience complete satisfaction in His likeness, in His image, and in His name. It doesn't say that I will awake finding my satisfaction in possessions, money, position, family, or any number of things. Our relationship is the epitome of all I need. Satisfaction is a hard concept to grasp because it is so fleeting in this life. But for the believer, satisfaction means nothing is lacking or still to be desired, and in this case, nothing means nothing! God's face provides it all for me! He is my joy, delight, and my satisfaction.
Father,
My heart is full when I think that I can awake to Your face and find overwhelming joy and satisfaction. Keep me ever making the choices that make this possible.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment