Friday, August 20, 2010

Genuineness of My Faith

I Pet. 1:6-7

"In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuiness of your faith-more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire-may result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ."

According to Peter trials add something very important to my faith. First, they are the ingredients that make my faith have 'tested genuineness.' Without the test, how do I know if my faith is genuine? In essence, trials are my purifying fire. Into the mix of my life experiences, they add a little zest, turn up the heat, and then produce the finished product. These fiery trials give authenticity to my faith. For this reason, I can rejoice!

Secondly, the tested genuiness of my faith is more precious than gold. Without the trials I would not have refined my faith to a quality of infinite worth. Gold is precious but perishable. My tested faith is more precious because it is infinite. It will not destruct or corrupt. Praise God for the fire!

Finally, my trials are a joy becuase they allow my faith to result in praise, glory, and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. This is what I want! Bringing praise, glory, honor to Jesus is my desire and the will of God for all believers. What is the path to this all encompassing purpose for my life? TRIALS! Yes, in this case, the gain is through the pain. But knowing these great benefits makes the trials so meaningful. They give me a window into the glory that is yet to be revealed.

Father,
As trials come into my life to test my faith, keep my eyes on Your purposes. Help me bring glory, honor, and praise to You now and in the future.
In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment