Sunday, January 30, 2011

Eternal Perspective

Gen. 50:20-21
"As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are to day. So do not fear, I will provide for you and your little ones."

After Joseph's father had died and was buried, the brothers were afraid that Joseph would enact revenge upon them for their wicked deed so they crafted yet another lie to protect themselves. But Joseph saw through the lie, and gave them a promise. Not only would He provide for them and their families, but they had no reason to fear. Joseph's life demonstrated practically what he believed, that is whatever man did for evil would really be God's good for him. This belief took him out of the realm of petty fleshly struggles and left him free to be used by God.

His life is a visual of Rom. 8:28, "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose."  Believing that all things done to me in life are used by God for my good would take me out of the realm of bitterness, grudges, revenge, jealousy, envy, etc. , and replace those attitudes and actions with contentment, submission, and a joy in being used by God for His glory. It would change my vision from being short-sighted, focusing on the flesh, to being eternal-sighted, focusing on God. I would be remembering that He has ordered all my days, even the days when men and women dish dirt, malign, and influence others against me. This is truly the eternal focus.

Father,
Keep me ever aware of You in the midst of this life and its struggle. Help me see all as Your good for me.
In Jesus name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment