Friday, January 14, 2011

God Speaks

Job 38:1-2
"Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind and said, Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge? Dress for action like a man, I will question you, and you make it known to me."

Man's reasoning at its very best is nothing but words without knowledge. Job and his friends were unable to understand fully the purposes of God because of their finite nature as compared to the infinite, sovereign nature of God. It is as if they forgot that they were men made of dust and that their relationship with God was only by grace.When I read God's description of His creative power, I am amazed that God could speak all this into existence. Such complexity and coordination! I truly can not understand the mind of God even when He describes it.

God spoke to Job from a whirlwind which speaks of power as well as well as love. He cared enough about Job to come to him personally, but at the same time, He wanted Job to see His great power. Certainly, a whirlwind has a great power for destruction, but God did not use his voice for judgment or for destruction. He used it to give Job understanding, to open a window into His mind. God also used rhetorical questions. Ouch! They only can have one answer and definitely do not open a door of discussion. Job got the point! He responded with silence! "Shall a faultfinder contend with the Almighty?" Job's only answer and attitude can be acceptance of anything that comes from the hand of such an Almighty God.

Father,
Help me to remember I am a dust-driven man and totally unworthy. Keep me humble and aware of Your great power and majesty. Thank You for Your grace and love in saving me.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment