Sunday, January 9, 2011

He Knows

Job 23:10
"But He knows the way that I take; when He has tried me, I shall come out as gold."

What a glorious assurance! Regardless of the trial, the pain, the adversity, the persecution, etc., He knows. If I can just keep my focus directly here, then I won't be defeated. Trust produces gold! The problem is, do I really want to be gold, or do I want to settle for an easier path than makes me a weaker metal, something full of dross? Being willing to undergo the heat in the purification process is opening the door to great suffering as well as great blessing. It is so foreign to life in America that I can't relate realistically. 

I have been reading The Pastor's Wife by Sabina Wurmbrand. Her story (and her husband's) illustrate this verse perfectly. As she went through things that I can't even imagine, pain, torture, starvation, and cruel labor, she never took her eyes off Christ. She was constantly reaching out to others, meeting their needs and sharing Jesus. She and her husband each were prisoners for years causing them to be separated for 14 years. They missed nearly all of their son's childhood and all the normal events of life. Yet, their love for Jesus never wavered. Jesus was the most important thing to them!! It makes me look deep inside to see what is there. Is Jesus the most important thing to me? Or are my feet pretty secure in this world's system? 

Father,
Keep growing me so that when You try me, I can come out as gold.  I want to be gold for you.
In Jesus name,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment