Monday, January 31, 2011

Who Has Made Man's Mouth?

Ex. 4:10
"But Moses said to the Lord, Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either in the past or since you have spoken to your servant, but I am slow of speech and of tongue."

God called Moses to a specific task, but he was afraid because he was slow of speech and of tongue. God certainly could have changed Moses' speech. He could have made him an eloquent speaker, but he didn't. God's answer was, "I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak."  Even that was not enough for Moses. He asked God to send someone else. Talk about unwilling! Even though God was displeased, He said that Aaron could go with him and speak for him. The conclusion was, "I will be with your mouth and with his mouth and teach you both what to say."

Moses's calling demonstrated that God's callings are His enablings. If He wants me to serve Him, He will prepare me and equip me to do His will. He is not looking for super humans who have much to offer Him because man has nothing that God can use except a willing heart. What grace that God can empower and use a weak human for His will and glory! Even though Moses was unwilling, he still had to obey. When God calls, obedience is the only viable course! Yet, Moses' fear was so great that God in His mercy allowed Aaron to speak and to help. Such mercy and such grace! This same God is my God. Am I listening carefully for His call and His words? Am I obeying all that He says to me? Do I throw excuses in the face of God?

Father,
I confess my lack of obedience. Teach my heart to obey willingly and completely. Train my ears to hear Your plan and Your purposes.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment