Friday, January 7, 2011

Only God

Job 14:4
"Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one."

Job's question should be the concern of all humanity. What can man do to save himself? How can he wash away the evil and cleanse himself? He can't,  no matter what he tries to do. Reformation, self-help classes, support groups, even surgery cannot change the inner nature of man. But God in His love reached down to man to cleanse Him with the sacrifice of His Son and the shedding of His blood. His blood can wash away all sin. It was David's cry when he said, "Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow."  The Lord answered this question in Is. 1:18, "Come now and let us reason together... though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool."  This cleansing is grace. God's grace reaching down to man so that man might delight in Him and bring glory to His name. As Paul said, "By the grace of God, I am what I am."  What is man without grace? Lost, sinful, and undone!

Father,
Thank you for choosing me to be covered in the cleansing and saving blood of Jesus.
In His holy name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment