Thursday, January 20, 2011

Reputation

Gen. 26:5
"...because Abraham obeyed my voice and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws."

As God was blessing Issac, He gave the reason why. Simply, it was because of his father. Abraham was a man of faith who obeyed implicitly keeping God's charges, commandments, statutes, and  laws. This is not just a fact observed by others, but this evaluation is from God Himself. Just imagine to have God say such things! It makes me think of what God would say about me to describe the course of my life? Are my priorities the same as Abraham's? Do I choose obedience over self-will?

Such a reputation doesn't mean that Abraham did not sin (Sarah and Abimelech) or make bad decisions (Hagar), but it means his heart was for God. God doesn't look on the outward appearance, but he looks on the heart. What does God see when He looks at my heart? Do I desire obedience to all that he said and all that He wants me to do? Do I delight in Him? Am I calling out for His grace to obey so that I might bring glory to His name?

Father,
Keep my heart pure before You. Teach me to obey implicitly.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment