Monday, January 10, 2011

God Understands

Job. 28:23-24, 28
"God understands the way to it, and He knows its place. For He looks to the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens...And He said to man, Behold the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom, and to turn away from evil is understanding."

As Job listened to his friends, he repeatedly arrived at the same conclusion, that is God is sovereign and knows the right way. His trust in God is still in tact although he doesn't understand the reasons for what is happening, Job is not ready to give up. Instead he is hanging on to his integrity, to his faith, and to his relationship with God. God's words are in the forefront of his mind and are key in his responses. The fear of the Lord is his wisdom helping him turn away from evil.

The lesson for me is that endurance comes through knowing God personally and knowing what God says. Those two things are the basis for all decisions, actions, and thoughts. I can't rely on how I feel on any one day because God's fire might be purifying my metal in a fire that is devastating. I can't listen to friends either because a friend sees the outside while God sees the inside, the heart and the motives.He knows what is best for my life. Like Job I can pour my heart out to God during the fire expressing my fear, sorrow, and even doubt, but that doesn't negate my trust in my sovereign God. I must cling to Him and to His Words because He knows the way of it. He knows the end from the beginning of every moment, day, blessing, and and even the heavy trials. He knows how to turn away from evil and gives me the strength to do it.

Father,
Keep me ever close to You so that I will not turn away from You when the fire burns hotter than I think that I can bear. Give me Your strength.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment