Sunday, February 27, 2011

Arise, O Lord

Num. 10:35
"And whenever the ark set out, Moses said, "Arise, O Lord, and let Your enemies be scattered, and let those who hate You flee before You."

The tabernacle was engulfed in either the cloud by day or the fire by night. God's manifestations in these two forms totally controlled  the movements of His people. If the cloud did not move, then the people did not move whether it was for a day, a week, or even months. But when the cloud moved, Moses proclaimed these great words: Arise, O Lord, and let Your enemies be scattered, and let those who hate You flee before You. Moses was God's spokesman, and in that capacity, he was stating for the people what God would do. These glorious words showed that he was confident in God's ability. He had no doubt! 

Granted I do not have the cloud or the fire to make it 100% clear what I should do at any given moment in time, but I do have the Word of God and His Holy Spirit to drive these words home to my heart. Perhaps I am at times confused about my future, or what I should do in any situation, because I doubt or am unsure about the timing. Do I pray before I act? Do I wait to be sure of God's timing? I am sure that God's enemies will be scattered because He is a sovereign God, but by the same token, He should be the sovereign God of my daily circumstances. Why is it so much harder to wait for His timing than it is to believe that He will scatter His enemies? Perhaps because one is in the future and one is in the here and now. For sure, I see that Moses began His journey each time the cloud moved with God and His words, and likewise, I need to have God's words as my journey starter.

Father,
I confess not waiting for You to move first before I do. Teach me to wait and trust. Help me to view life's circumstances as Your opportunities. Engraft Your words deeply into my soul and life so that they will be my watchword.
In Jesus name,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment