Monday, February 21, 2011

Obedience Brings Blessings

Lev. 25: 21
"I will command my blessing on you in the sixth year, so that it will produce a crop sufficient for three years."

If the people obeyed the rules and performed them, then they would be in the land securely even to the point that they would have food in the 7th year without actually sowing or gathering a crop that year. When they sowed in the 8th year, they would still be eating the old  crop, a crop that would last until the new crop arrived in the 9th year. God's plan and directives are His sufficiency for them and for me! "My grace is sufficient for you for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more of my weaknesses so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."  What He commanded Israel went against logic. How would they live if there was nothing to harvest? Where would the food come from? Who could guarantee a bumper crop in the 6th year? I am sure that many questions came into their heads just as questions come into my head when I take my eyes off God and my focus off His word. What He has promised, He is faithful to do!

Father,
Grow my trust and faith in You daily so that my thoughts become only Your thoughts, so that instead of  falling back on my own devices, I rest on Yours.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment