Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Glory of the Lord

Ex. 40:34
"...and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle."

Moses followed the Lord's instructions explicitly doing all as the Lord commanded. When he had finished the work, the glory of the Lord filled the place. As they journeyed God gave them direction through the cloud and the fire. His presence was in their midst, visibly there for them. They were not to lean on their own understanding, but on the guidance of the Lord. The same goes for me:  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." Thus far, the Israelite people had obeyed and done all that was commanded of them to make God His dwelling place. They were trusting in the guidance of the Lord for their movement and their plans.  Am I leaning on my own understanding or trusting in Him? To trust means I have to wait, sometimes wait until the 'cloud' lifts and leads. The waiting is hard! But in the waiting and trusting is His glory revealed and His presence made known. 

Father,
Thank You for being my trust-giver and for leading me. Keep me patiently waiting for your direction even when situations seem to pull me away.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment