Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Name

Lev. 22:33-33
"So you shall keep my commandments and do them: I am the Lord. And you shall not profane my holy name, that I may be sanctified among the people of Israel. I am the Lord who sanctifies you, who brought you out of the land of Egypt to be your God: I am the Lord."

Obedience to His commands prevents the profaning of the name of God, a name that is complete holiness. What does His name mean to me?

Ps. 86:12 I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever.
Psa 63:4  So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift up my hands.

Psa 79:9  Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of your name; deliver us, and atone for our sins, for your name's sake!
Psa 91:14  Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name.

Psa 100:4  Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!
Psa 103:1  Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!
1Cr 6:11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Phl 2:9  Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name,
Col 3:17  And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
2Ti 2:19 But God's firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity."
1Pe 4:14  If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.
1Jo 3:23  And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us.
 
The command for me to honor and glorify His name is equally as strong as Israel's was. Am I glorifying His name in all that I do? Is His name foremost in my mind, heart, and soul?
 
Father,
Impress on me Your name and the name of Your Son. Help me to glorify You in all that I do. Thank You for my salvation, justification, and sanctification in the name of Jesus.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment