Thursday, February 24, 2011

Precise Care

Num. 3-4

God gave very precise instructions for the Levites concerning their position and their duties concerning the tabernacle because it was to be cared for in reverent respect for His holiness.  "Before the tent of meeting toward the sunrise, were Moses and Aaron and his sons, guarding the sanctuary itself, to protect the people of Israel. Any outsider who came near was to be put to death." Yet, despite their family and their privileged responsibilities, Aaron's two sons died because they gave an unauthorized incense offering. God's holiness was not to be taken lightly or violated in any way. Complete obedience was a must if God's presence would be in their midst. Am I careless with my temple-body? Am I holy as God is holy? What is my focus, my dedication, my commitment and my desire? Have I allowed grace to be an excuse for any laxity?

Father,
Convict my heart in a mighty way when I am violating Your holiness. Keep Your temple within me as a glory to Your name.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment