Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Why ?

Ex. 28-29

In these two chapters intricate details of the attire of Aaron and his sons and of the offering's substance and schedule were given. There was so much detail as to color, fabric, engraving, etc. for the priest's clothing.  Why? Throughout the chapter, it said "For glory and beauty" and "Holy to the Lord." But at the end of chapter 29 God concluded. The offerings were to be a pleasing aroma  to the Lord.  The offering that would be sanctified by His glory would be there where God would meet with the people. God Himself would consecrate the tabernacle, the altar, Aaron and his sons. Then God said, I will dwell among the people of Israel and will be their God. And they shall know that I am the Lord their God, who brought them out of the land of Egypt that I might dwell among them. I am the Lord their God. All of the detail, the richness, and the specific instruction was to make it clear to Israel that God was their God and that He would dwell among them.

By way of application, Jesus came and died for man for the same reasons. To provide a way for God to swell among man, He died on the cross paying the legal debt of their sin. No more intricate instructions on animal sacrifice. He did it once and for all! Now the Spirit of God dwells within believers. The believers' lives have become the meeting place of God and man. Such grace is this! Even though the new covenant has fulfilled the Old and the forms are drastically different, should the believers' attitude and actions reflect the same care, concern, and detail? I appeal to you, therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to the world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. Is my life a living sacrifice? Have I consecrated myself wholly to God? Am I truly transformed and not conformed to the world? Am I giving to God the best that I have and am?

Father,
Guide me in the path of this transformation so that my mind is renewed in Your great grace. Show me what it means to be a living sacrifice and to have the Spirit of God dwelling within me.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment