Saturday, February 26, 2011

He Heard the Voice

Num. 7:89
"And when Moses went into the tent of meetng to speak with the Lord, he heard the voice speaking to him from above the mercy seat that was on the ark of the testimony, from between the two cherubim; and it spoke to Him."

When all was completed, set up properly, and the offerings in place from the representative of each of the tribes, then Moses went into the tabernacle. It was an awesome and serious responsibility for Moses to go into the holy place to listen to the voice of God which meant that his way had to bathed in holiness and obedience. If not, instant death was the result. But obedience, holiness, and dedication were the key words on this day for Moses heard the voice of God! The lines of communication were open and operating. God's voice was above the mercy seat and between the two cherubim signifying that God was enthroned here. He was in their midst and would communicate His will and His plan to His people. Is God enthroned within my heart? Do I approach Him with such care and concern? Is listening to His voice of prime importance to me?

Father,
Convict me of careless sins that intrude upon our time together blocking Your voice and Your will. Keep me ever attuned to Your voice so that I may hear You and Your plan for my life.
In His name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment