Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Final Words

Lev. 26:13
"I am the Lord your God."

God had repeatedly told the Israelites who He was. By this point, there should have been no confusion in their minds. He was the God who brought them out of Egypt and who brought them thus far. As God finished giving them the commandments and statutes, He reminded them again that they must obey Him since He would be dwelling among them and they would be His people. Such closeness could countenance no disobedience!

So many blessings would come with obedience: rain in due season, unending crops, peace in the land, no fear, no harmful beasts, and conquered enemies. But all this came at one price: obedience. On the flip side: panic, wasting disease, fever, no crops, defeated and conquered. If that was not enough, God assured them He would break the pride of their power. What a choice! It all came down to knowing that God was their Lord. Am I constantly aware of God as my Lord? Is obedience of key importance to me, or do I think grace will cover it all? 

Father,
As You keep me constantly aware of Your presence, keep my heart tender so that obedience might be my first response in any situation. Thank You for making me Your child and for You being my God.
In Jesus name,
Amen 


No comments:

Post a Comment