Monday, February 7, 2011

The Sanctuary

Ex. 25-27

Since God had chosen these people to be His treasured possession, He would dwell in their midst not in the cloud and the fire any more, but in the tabernacle tent. Even though these people were traveling, God's dwelling place was not makeshift. It was to be fashioned very specifically and with the best of supplies given as contributions from His people. This sanctuary would be holy place much like the ground at the burning bush because God would dwell with the people here. He would be in the midst of His people.  

Likewise, God dwells in the midst of the details of my life, in the midst of my journey. " Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple." Just as the holiness of God was in the tabernacle, His holiness abides within me personally. What are my contributions for this temple? Have I brought my best in precious metals and fine linens? As I am on this journey does my worship reflect the holiness of God? I am afraid that at times I get so busy with life that my worship suffers. Certainly, I don't miss my gathering at church, but the issue here is my heart. Is my heart wholly the Lord's? "For I am Christ's and Christ is God's."

The tabernacle was to be tended by Aaron and his sons "from evening until morning before the Lord."  The tabernacle and the worship of God occupied their full time, their entire lives. The same goes for me. I am the temple of the Lord 24/7. Does my life reflect the great holiness that dwells in me? What great grace that God would have me be the temple of His Holy Spirit!

Father,
Keep me ever aware of Your Spirit within me. Keep my life and my heart wholly holy in and through Your grace.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment