Monday, February 14, 2011

Continually Burning

Lev. 6:13
"Fire shall be kept burning on the altar continually, it shall not go out."

There were so many distinctives about all the different types of offerings. Each one had to be obeyed explicitly, but I thought it was interesting that the fire for the burnt offering never went out. It was constantly ready for service so that the worship of the Lord could continue without interruption. That is how my worship should be, continuous and uninterrupted. Is my fervor and passion unending? Am I constantly caring for the altar and disposing of the ashes? Am I obedient in all that God has called me to do? Am I worshiping non-stop?

Is my living sacrifice holy and acceptable to God so that I might worship in spirit and in truth? Conformity to the world must be replaced with a renewed and transformed mind. The end result is that I will know what is the will of God, but all of this comes through mercy and grace. For me the sacrifice is not something that I bring or burn, it is through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and His precious blood. "If I confess my sins, He is faithful and just to forgive me my sins and to cleanse me from all unrighteousness." This is the path of uninterrupted worship.

Father,
Thank You for making me a way to worship You. Keep me ever focused on confessing sin so that my offering is wholly Yours.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment