Thursday, January 5, 2012

Abundant Steafast Love

Ps. 5:7
But I, through the abundance of Your steadfast love, will enter Your house. I will bow down toward Your holy temple in the fear of You.

The entrance to the house of the Lord has nothing to do with my righteousness or my works, but instead, it happens because of the abundance of His steadfast love. What amazing grace!  My response to such grace, grace that invites the unworthy into the very presence of God, can only be complete and utter humility. I must bow down in the fear of God just as David did. In this psalm he goes on to ask God to lead him in the way of righteousness, a righteousness that has nothing to do with his achievements or his religion. It is a way  known by God, a way that He implants in the heart of those who are His. When I am this close to God, as David was, then my heart can rejoice and sing for joy because He is my refuge and my protection. He has covered my way with favor as with a shield. How beautiful! What a relationship David had with God, how intense, emotional, and personal. If I had to describe my relationship, would it be similar to this? Certainly, David was a man after God's heart. Where is my heart? Is it one with God's?

Father,
Lead me into Your presence. Cover me with Your favor and grace. Draw me ever closer to You so that our relationship reflects Your presence.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment