Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Voice of the Lord

Ps. 29: 1-2
Ascribe to the Lord, O heavenly beings, ascribe to the Lord glory and strength. Ascribe to the Lord the glory due His name, worship the Lord in the splendor of holiness.

How do I ascribe to the Lord what He is due? How do I give Him glory and strength? His strength is seen in the thunder and the power of many waters. His voice is powerful and full of majesty flashing forth flames of fire shaking the wilderness. He sits enthroned over all nature as king forever. Anything that a mere human has is nothing compared to God and His great glory and power! But the last verse of this psalm says, May the Lord give strength to His people! May the Lord bless His people with peace. I think my giving and worshiping Him in holiness is completely related to the strength that He gives me. In my own strength I can do nothing, but in His strength I can offer back to Him what He is due. I can worship Him in the beauty of holiness, a holiness that He empowers and makes possible through the blood of Jesus, a holiness that is a reflection of God Himself as seen in the death and resurrection of His Son.

Father,
I give to You the glory due to Your name. I worship You with all that You have given me. May my life reflect Your holiness as You grant me Your strength and peace.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment