Monday, January 30, 2012

Praise for Healing

Ps. 30:1-2
I will extol you, O LORD, for you have drawn me up and have not let my foes rejoice over me.  O LORD my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me.

David began Ps. 30 with a heart of praise, praise for a God who listened, answered, and healed. How meaningful is that! How many people search for help for their problems, yet find no answers, but the believer has the same God as David. Believers can seek God for help and healing, and He will answer. In what ways did God answer David? How was it manifested?
  • God did not let David's enemies triumph over him. (v. 1)
  • God healed him. (v. 2)
  • God restored him to life instead of allowing him to die. (v. 3)
  • God turned his mourning into dancing.(v. 11)
  • God loosed his sackcloth and clothed him with gladness. {v. 11)
David not only was saved but he grew spiritually as he endured this trial. He demonstrates that trials have purposes on more than one level. Certainly, I just need to get through a trail, but more than that I need to grow in my faith and in my relationship with God as I go through that trial. That is what David did! 
  • He learned to be thankful: in fact he wanted to give thanks forever.
  • He learned that his heart must sing and praise God constantly.
  • He learned more about the character of God that God's favor was for a lifetime even though His anger or His discipline could be for a moment.
  • He learned the power of prayer.
  • He learned that weeping my last for the night but joy comes in the morning. What a perspective! I need to see the short shelf life of trials as opposed to the joy that comes in enduring them. I need to endure ending with praise to God. I need to see the trial from God's lens and not view the trial as an end in itself. 
  • He learned that at times he was standing strong and unmoved, but at any time, he could be brought down. Humility is the attitude that God teaches His children. He wants me humbled and dependent because then I am relying on Him and His grace. 
What a great psalm! Deliverance from a trial is so much more than just deliverance!

Father,
Teach me to see life as You do. Help me to have a heart of praise and thanks no matter what You bring into my life. I thank You for the morning joy!
In His name,
Amen

     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment