Saturday, January 7, 2012

My Shield

Ps. 7:10-11
My shield is with God, who saves the upright in heart. God is a righteous judge, and a God who feels indignation every day.

What have I chosen as a shield? At times I have tried to shield myself by building walls around myself to protect myself from others and from situations, but what good is that? How do I grow or learn from life? What is really accomplished by cutting myself off from people? But, if I allow God to be my shield, then His sovereign will and plan can bear fruit in my life. Then I can grow closer to Him and learn to see His eternal view of life. It is when I am weak that His grace is perfected in me. Why is it so hard to let go of my wounded flesh and live just for Him?  How strong is the flesh!

Father,
Help me to keep You constantly as my shield and take my hands off my life. When I am hurt or overwhelmed, help me to turn to You and find my healing with You.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment