Monday, September 27, 2010

Awaken the Dawn

Ps. 57:8-9
"My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast!  I will sing and make melody!  Awake, my glory! Awake, O harp and lyre! I will awake the dawn.  I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples; I will sing praises to you among the nations."

David's heart is so full of praise and thanksgiving that he wants to awaken the dawn. Unlike most people, he can't contain himself until daylight hours. Perhaps he had been meditating in the night watches and was overcome with the goodness of God in his life.  Whatever was happening, his heart was singing praises to God in full orchestration.  Not only is he awakening the dawn, but he is singing God's praises among the nations.  God's praises are the substance of his life, the fabric of his feelings, and the reason he has for waking each morning.

What are my feelings when I awake?  Am I quick to praise the Lord?  How often do I meditate in the night? 
What is the substance of my life? 

Father,
Thank You for David's example to me.  Help me to have that same attitude of praise to You anytime of the day or night. In the nights when I don't sleep, draw me to You for praise and worship.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment