Monday, September 6, 2010

Great is the Lord

Ps. 35:27-28
"Let those who delight in my righteousness shout for joy and be glad and say evermore, "Great is the Lord, who delights in the welfare of His servant!" Then my tongue shall tell of your rightness and of your praise all day long."
Where is my delight? Is it in God's righteousness? If it were, how would that look? Certainly it must be related to loving His Word, obeying His Word, seeking to serve Him, making Him my highest priority, but still, I can do those things without delighting in Him. What brings that delight? Could it be grace that works in my submissive and dependent spirit? Could it be from taking a risk for God? But how do I do that? Where do I begin? Could this delight come from focusing on the cross? Realizing and appreciating anew each day the great work of grace in the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross? I think sometimes I take important things for granted. I am so wrapped up in living that I neglect to think about all the great things that God has done in my life including my salvation. If I am this wrapped up, then I am too wrapped up!
When I am delighting, my attitude will be one of joy to the point of shouting and being glad forevermore. No depression here! I do feel this great rejoicing. I can say wholeheartedly, "Great is the Lord who delights in the welfare of His servants." What a cause for rejoicing when I remember all that God, the God of creation and the universe, has done individually for me. That God would become invested in a single person is amazing to me, especially when that person is me!
The end result is that I will tell others. I will open my mouth and shout for joy so that others may hear. I will share all the great things that a great God has done graciously in my life. What keeps me from sharing more? I feel it in my heart, so why am I afraid to say anything? What is the deal?
Father,
I bring myself to You with all my inconsistencies. I love You and Your great grace, yet at times, I don't share and I don't delight in You as I should. This I confess. Show me how to fit all these pieces of the puzzle together. Show me how to make Your word a reality in my life. Expose those insidious things that are holding me back from obeying completely what You say.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment