Sunday, September 26, 2010

In God whose Word I Praise

Ps. 56:10
"In God, whose Word I praise, in the Lord, whose Word I praise."

In Ps. 56:4 David says, " In God, whose Word I praise, In God I trust;"  and then again in verse 10, he says the same things two more times. To me, this repetition implies importance. David felt it was crucial to praise the Word.  Why? Because God's Word is God Himself. God's Word was the channel of David's relationship with God. He praised it not only because God was worthy of praise, but because the Word  was the source of David's trust.  In v. 11 he says, "In God I trust; I shall not be afraid.  What can man do to me?" The result of praising the Word is trusting in a God who can cancel all fear. When a man gives his word as his bond, it is his way of declaring that what he says is trustworthy.  God's Word is the His bond.  What He says will happen! What He promises will come true!  David believed God because he knew God's Word and the God of the Word; and this resulted in heartfelt praise of God and His Word.  For David it was a complete package and relationship that impacted his life to the degree that he no longer feared man. Wow!

What is my attitude about the Word?  Can I say my trust is in God because I praise His Word?  What is my heart's normal response to the Word?  Am I quick to obey?  Does obedience lead to praise?  Does praise produce trust? I want to echo David's words, my life is "in God, in whose Word I praise."

Father,
Your words are glorious and powerful.  Help me to trust in You as I learn to praise You and Your Words .
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment