Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Very Present Help

Ps. 46:1
"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."
God is my refuge, a place where I can go when I need comfort, soothing, protection, and nurturing. It is a place where my needs are met by God almighty. Wow! Just think! He is everything that I will ever need in any situation!
He is also my strength which speaks to me of His equipping. Not only can I go to Him for my solace, but I can go to Him for my power to go back out and face what sent me to Him in the first place.
He is also a present help in time of trouble, a help that is there on the minute when I need Him. I don't have to petition Him for help, send a requisition and wait, or wait in line for my time with Him. Because He is Almighty God, He is present everywhere and anytime for me personally. No waiting!
All of this attests to the fact that He is sovereign, immutable, omniscient, omnipresent, and all-powerful. Amazingly a God like this is my God, and He is there for me! What a great promise for my the many moments of my life!
Father,
You are so great and gracious. Thank You for being there for me whenever and wherever I need you.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment