Friday, September 24, 2010

The End

Lk. 17:20-37

How scary!  When I read a section like this, it makes me so glad that I can look forward to the coming of Jesus with joy.  But without Jesus, the outlook is bleak! What can a person do to predict this time? Not a thing! 
  • There are no signs to be observed.  This is a surprise event!
  • His coming is like lightening lighting up the sky, flashing from one side to the other!
  • He warns not to follow those who try and predict! They will be wrong!
  • There is not enough time to come down from the roof or in from the field.
  • Those who seek to preserve their lives will lose them.
  • Two can be in one bed, and one will be taken.
  • Two can be grinding, and one will be taken.
Not only will people not know when, but they will not know where.  Jesus answered the 'where' question with a proverb, "Where the corpse is, there the vultures will gather." Perhaps Jesus is saying that people will not know until its too late.  The vultures come when death has arrived, when there is no life left. So Jesus will come when there is no chance left.  From what Jesus said, there will be a great element of surprise. Preparation must be made now! It will be like Noah and Lot who told the truth but the people did not heed; in fact, they mocked the warnings.  But judgment did come!  What God says is a certainty!  Jesus' return is a certainty! He will return when people least expect it,so the warning is BE READY! The only time to get ready is now.  Today is the day of salvation!

Father,
I thank You for my salvation and the joy You have given me as I wait for Jesus to return.  Help me share His message with those that You put in my path.  Give me an urgency to tell before it is too late.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment