Sunday, May 1, 2011

An Army of God

I Chron. 12:22
"For from day to day men came to David to help him, until there was a great army, like an army of God."

David's beginnings were not always full of confidence and abounding in military might. In fact, David felt that one day he would perish by the hand of Saul so he escaped to the Philistines with only 600 men. What humble beginnings! Much later in God's time, men came to his stronghold where he met them saying, "If you have come to me in friendship to help me, my heart will be joined to you, but if to betray me to my adversaries, although there is no wrong in my hands, then may the God of our fathers see and rebuke you." Finally, his many years of running and being pursued were over. His army gathered at Hebron to make him king, "according to the Word of the Lord." Not only just the army, but "all the rest of Israel were of a single mind to make David king." What God had ordained had come to pass, but it all was in God's timing. The end result: "for there was joy in Israel." Waiting on the Lord brings joy, and more than that, it brings God's Army acting according to the Word of the Lord.

Lord,
Teach me to wait and act only according to Your words.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment