Saturday, May 21, 2011

Till the Storms Pass By

Ps. 57:1
"Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in You my soul takes refuge; in the shadow of Your wings I will take refuge, till the storms of destruction pass by."

David was in a storm whose destruction meant his death. Saul and his armies were unrelenting in their pursuit. Yet, David rested in a merciful God and took refuge in the shadow of God's wings. There, in that intensely personal place, was his refuge till the storms would pass by. Such faith and assurance! David trusted in the God he had loved from his youth up. He had seen this God protect him in many dangerous situations, and he was assured that God would protect him again. I wonder when the storms of destruction come into my life, do I say without hesitation that I take refuge in God? Is God the first place I go to seek this refuge? Is God so near to me that His shadow is my cover? The truly blessed thing is that this God that was this refuge for David is the same God who is my refuge. He is my cover until my storms pass by.

Father,
Keep me from looking elsewhere for protection. Draw me ever close into the shadow of Your wing until the storms pass by.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment