Sunday, May 29, 2011

Old Age and Gray Hairs

Ps. 71:17-18
"O God, from my youth You have taught me, and I still proclaim Your wondrous deeds. So even to old age and gray hairs, O God, do not forsake me, until I proclaim Your power to all those to come."

God has been faithful to me from my youth up. He has taught me consistently and grown me according to His will, but  that is not to say that I haven't messed up repeatedly. Thankfully, God is greater than anything that I might think or do. It is these lessons, lessons of failure and forgiveness, lessons of willfulness and submission, and lessons of forgetfulness and remembrance that I am to proclaim to those who follow after me. As I age, I am not to retire selfishly doing my own thing, but instead to recall His wondrous deeds in my life. My sharing is not one of knowing it all and complete success, but one of growing, loving, sinning, and always being forgiven. It is one of pure Grace, only Grace, and amazing Grace! So when I am tempted to retire and be lazy, I must rely on His strength to be mine so that I might share all that He has done in my life.

Father,
Keep me ever active in my service for You. Keep Your grace my focus and motivation.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment