Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Loved the Lord

I Kings 3:3
"Solomon loved the Lord, walking in His statutes of David his father, only he sacrificed and made offering at the high places."

Even in the midst of peace for all Israel, unbelievable blessings, and wisdom that superseded all mankind's, Solomon kept the high places and made offering there. This small area of sin tainted the rest of his life, but it is amazing that for the most part he did what God wanted. But when he allowed this small choice to keep its status, it began growing and festering until finally he was rejected by God. What a lesson about the strength of the flesh! When a little is left, it will grow. Man's self-control will never conquer it, but then again that is the mind game we all play. Solomon was the wisest man on earth so I am sure he thought controlling this area of the flesh was no problem. But when it comes to spiritual things, obedience is the only way. God says to be holy as He is! He says have NO other gods before me. What a lesson to me! Do I allow areas of sin by justifying them? Am I careless to confess and repent when convicted? Do I want to hold on to that tiny area of the world? Is my focus completely on God?

Father,
Keep me ever Yours. Send Your Spirit to sweep and cleanse every nook and cranny of my heart. Grant me repentance and help me walk in a new way.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment