Monday, May 9, 2011

Justice and Equity

II Sam. 9:7
"And David said to him, do not fear, for I will show you kindness for the sake of your father Jonathan, and I will restore to you all the land of Saul your father, and you shall eat at my table always."

David took time to search for survivors from the house of Saul to do good to them. That fact in itself is unusual. After all Saul had constantly sought David to kill him, yet David was not seeking revenge. He wanted to show kindness for the sake of Jonathan, his friend. What a bond they had! Daivid's kindness far exceeded the acceptable limits of human understanding. He found Mephibosheth, brought him to the palace, allowed him to eat at the king's table, and restored to him all the lands of the family. What a bountiful reconciliation! David still remembered that Saul was God's anointed. He still honored his position by honoring the remaining members of his family. He had "entrusted his soul to a faithful creator"  and was leaving it to God to administer judgment. For David, his justice and equity was mixed with mercy. David's example to me speaks of God's love for me. He found me, allowed me to sit at His table, and gave me an inheritance that exceeded my expectations. Praise God for His mercy and love!

Father,
Thank You for seeking me, making me Your child, and giving me a place in heaven where I may praise and glorify Your name.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment