Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wait in Silence

Ps. 62:1-2
"For God alone my soul waits in silence; from Him comes my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress, I shall not be greatly shaken."

How hard is waiting in silence? Extremely! When things get difficult, I want to speak, to explain, to present the problem, to ask for a solution, and to take action. To be silent means that I am willing to let things take their course without any interference on my part. For me as a believer it means that I trust God more than anything else I can do to solve a problem. It means that I trust God in the daily circumstances of my life. I trust that what happens will be for my good because He sovereignly controls all the details of my life.

When I think of David dealing with the rebellion caused by his own son, I can imagine how hard it would be to wait in silence. He would be dealing with his injured feelings and pride, with the safety of his son, and with the leadership of a nation. He would be concerned about what people would be believing and what his course of action should be. But here it says, he waited in silence! When his world was crashing down upon him, he waited in silence!! What a vital relationship he had with God! He knew that God alone would be his salvation and fortress in this great disaster. He was unshaken because God had placed him on the throne and God would keep him on the throne. 

Father,
Teach me to wait in silence resting in Your sovereign plan.
In Jesus name,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment