Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Trust

Ps. 20:7
"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God."

Where is my trust? Am I afraid of what man can do to me? Am I afraid of the circumstances of life? David was in an unprovoked battle with the Ammonites and the Syrians. Even though he was surrounded front and back, he trusted in the Lord. He prayed for deliverance, then trusted God for that deliverance. But to the contrary, his enemy placed their trust in their mighty array of horses and chariots, in their own military might. David knew that God had protected him and delivered him many times in the past, and he knew that God would be faithful once again. What an example for me! When circumstances come unexpectedly and create havoc, am I looking to my own resources (my own horses and chariots), do I fear the power and might of the enemy, or do I go immediately to God seeking His power and grace?

Father,
When I am weak, teach me to trust in You. Thank You for Your saving power and might and for being a God who answers prayer.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment