Friday, May 27, 2011

Unless the Lord

Ps. 127:1
"Unless the Lord builds the house those who build it labor in vain."

Whether it was the temple in Jerusalem that Solomon was to build or the temple of my life indwelled by the Holy Spirit, it must be of the Lord, or it is in vain. Anything of human effort and human timing does not bring glory to His name. Such a simple truth yet one so hard to make practical!  Ironically, humanity is keen on self achievement and self-sufficiency, and that is the one thing that God does not want. He desires those who are poor in spirit, those who are helpless, moldable, and submissive. He desires to be in every part of my life, in every decision that I make, in the solution to my every problem, and in the plans and dreams that I want for my life. Unless God is totally in my life, then all I do in life is in vain.

Father,
Keep me from the trap of vanity. Build my life to be a temple that constantly glorifies You.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment