Thursday, May 19, 2011

Worthy to Be Praised

II Sam. 22:4
"I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies."

These words had special meaning to David since his enemies were very real and deadly. God was faithful to him when he delivered him from the hand of Saul, and now once again, God had delivered him from the hand of Absalom.  His song of deliverance in those earlier days was just as valid now. "The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my Savior; You save me from violence." God was the reason he was still alive. He took no credit for great military tactics, a mighty army, or superior weapons. He knew it was only God! I am wondering if I were in David's shoes, would I have placed my trust completely in God? When I was fleeing again, would I have fallen into a fleshly mode? Is God my rock, fortress, delivered, the One in whom I trust?

Father,
Keep my heart close to You so that when onslaughts of the world come, I rest in You. Keep me from responding in the flesh.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment