Monday, May 30, 2011

Commitment

Ps. 119:1-88
This psalm has so many verses that minister to my heart, verses that I want to pray to God so that His grace can make them a reality in my life. Here are a few:

  • v. 10 "With my whole heart I seek You; let me not wander from Your commandments." What a prayer! As I ask God to teach me to seek Him with my whole heart, His words will be my guide, my direction, and my way.
  • v. 11 "I have stored up Your word in my heart, that I might not sin against You."  This is my desire. Even though I want it so much, I am amazed at how much the world steals my time from storing God's word in my heart.
  • v 15 "I will meditate on Your precepts and fix my eyes on Your ways."  I see this as a byproduct of storing God's word in my heart. When it is in my mind and deep in my heart, then in the night hours I can call it up to pray and meditate.
  • v.20 "My soul is consumed with longing for Your rules at all times."  I want God's word to consume my life so that my spirit and soul will be feasting on the riches of His grace.
  • v. 29 "Put false ways far from me and graciously teach me your laws."  God's word stored in my heart will reveal the false ways and in through His grace, II can grow in His ways.
  • v. 30 "I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I set Your rules before me." Being faithful to God's  word is my choice. 
  • v. 32 "I will run in the way of Your commandments when You enlarge my heart." I won't get ahead of God's timing, but I will wait for Him to enlarge my heart and give me His direction.
  • v. 37 "Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things, and give me life in Your ways." I want God to turn my eyes from the world and focus completely on His ways.
  • What riches are in this psalm! I love it! I pray that God will work His words in my life so that I might run in His ways.
Father,
Keep me in Your way. Give me Your grace and strength to store Your words in my life.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment