Monday, May 16, 2011

He Has Heard

Ps. 28:6-7
"Blessed be the Lord! For He has heard the voice of my pleas for mercy. The Lord is my strength and my shield; in Him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults and with my song I give thanks."

David's heart was filled with praise because his God heard and answered. When I think of the other nations surrounding David and their false gods who were nothing but wood and stone, I see how monumental it was for David to be heard and answered, to have a personal relationship with God, and to experience His help and strength. It not only gave him the needed answers, but it gave him a personal relationship of trust. God was someone he could rely on. When the enemy was close, God was his shield. When his strength was failing, God was his strength.  When he had no other place to run, God was his mercy. His heart did not take any of these for granted; instead, he thanked, blessed, and exulted in the Lord. In his words: "The Lord is the strength of his people, He is the saving refuge of His anointed."  Words such as these can only come from a heart in love with God. Is my heart in love with my God? When I am in a tight place, do I cry out for Him? When He has been my helper and strength, do I praise, bless, and thank His name?

Father,
Keep my eyes ever open to Your hand in my life. I bless Your name for loving me and growing me. Thank You for being my shield and refuge.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment