Sunday, May 15, 2011

Unite My Heart

Ps. 86:11
"Teach me Your way, O Lord, that I may walk in Your truth; unite my heart to fear Your name."

David was concerned about his whole heart, about his thoughts, his concerns, and his ever pursuing enemies. In the midst of all this danger and stress, David cried out to God. He wanted to be taught God's way so that he could walk in God's truth. In order for him to do that he had to have a united heart, one that was wholly God's. What a great insight! Having a united heart before God supersedes all the danger and stress that this world could throw at him. David had no fear in asking this because he knew God was steadfast in His love and faithful in His strength, and he knew that praying this would eliminate the fear of men that was creeping into his heart. A united heart will walk in God's truth!

Father,
Unite my heart that I may walk in Your way and in Your truth. Unite me heart to fear Your name. Draw me ever closer to You.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment