Tuesday, February 7, 2012

His Way

Gen. 48:19
But his father refused and said, I know, my son, I know. He also shall become a people, and he also shall be great. Nevertheless, this younger brother shall be greater than he, and his offspring shall become a multitude of nations.

God's plan often works in a way that is counter to the traditions and plans of man. Joseph was sure his father was wrong in blessing his younger son over the first born. But historically, Ephraim did become one of the leading tribes as opposed to Manasseh. But later, God's plan worked in a different way when the Ephraimites were replaced by Judah. No doubt at this time, Joseph felt the need to balance the scales when he talked to his father. He had serious doubts about the validity of Jacob's action. What is clear is that human balancing is often counter to God's balancing. Once again this account addresses the concept of God's lens versus my lens. I see only the short term with only a piece of the puzzle, but God sees the completed puzzle. He knows how best to bring His will and His purpose to pass. What should be my response? Instead of getting upset or fretting, I should trust in God to bring about His will and let His justice balance the scales of life. 

Father,
Keep my eyes focused on You and Your sovereign plan. Help me to see You in all the circumstances of my life.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment