Friday, February 10, 2012

No Excuse

Ex. 4:10
But Moses said to the Lord, Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either in the past or since you have spoken to your servant, but I am slow of speech and of tongue.

God has something for Moses to do, something that Moses felt he couldn't do. In his mind, what God was asking went against the gifts that God had given him. He couldn't be God's spokesman because he was slow of speech and tongue. No doubt, what Moses said was true, but it proves a valid point. God doesn't use me for my gifts or talents. In response to Moses, God said, Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the Lord? Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak. God was taking Moses from the realm of human impossibility to the realm of divine intervention. God works through vessels of clay and makes them into His servants to show that the surpassing glory belongs to God and not to man!

Still this was not enough for Moses. He begged God to send someone else. In mounting anger, God agreed to use Aaron's mouth as the speaker, but Moses was still to give the words to Aaron. Moses was to be in the place of God to Aaron. How compassionate! Moses still had to do the task God called him to, but God gave him a helper. He knew Moses' weakness and He knows my weakness because He made us. I obey. I serve and speak and do whatever God calls me to do, but never without His grace and strength, never in my own strength. He always gives me what I need to do what He calls me to do. What a gloriously compassionate God!

Father,
Thank You for giving me your grace and strength. Help me to serve You only in Your power never in my own strength.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment