Monday, February 6, 2012

My Steps

Ps. 37:23
The steps of a man are established by the Lord, when he delights in His way, though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the Lord upholds his hand.

What a promise! How reassuring to know that my steps are established by the Lord. As head knowledge, it is wonderfully comforting to know that whether I delight in His way or fall from my course, the Lord upholds my hand. I know He does that because I am His, and He is mine. I know because Ps. 139 says In His book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. My steps were established even before I existed. God has laid out the course of my life according to His will and purpose. When this verse says even though I fall, I think David is talking about those times when I ignore the leading of the Father and the prompting of the Spirit, and I head out on my own. This can never be good! It seems like a no-brainer that the course that God has for me would be the best. But still my flesh, at times, thinks it knows best! So foolish! So what if this great head knowledge would become a practical reality?  How would it change my perspective? How would it change my view of my daily routine and circumstances? I would have to see each incident as planned by God for my good, my growth. I would have to pray asking God to teach me through each circumstance instead of becoming frustrated, angry, disappointed, etc. Everything no matter how small would have a greater importance. Even the mundane details of life would draw me closer to the Father. It would eliminate going through life on auto-pilot or flying with me as the pilot. I would only have one Pilot, and He would be the one who created and established my steps. Glorious!!

Father,
Give me Your strength to practically view life this way. Change my thinking and responses. Keep Yourself before me constantly so that I can see You instead of me and my fleshly desires.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment