Monday, February 13, 2012

Once for All

Heb. 9:27-28; 10:10, 12-14
And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him... And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all...But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet.  For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.

Jesus appeared for the express purpose of putting away sin once and for all by His own personal sacrifice. However, His sacrifice was only the beginning of the process which will be culminated at His second coming. Amazingly, His sacrifice was for me personally and put away my sins once and for all. I am eagerly awaiting His return where He will take me to heaven to live with Him. Since His sacrifice was perfect and fully complete, it required no action on my part just a submissive believing and accepting of what Jesus had done. What grace and love that Jesus would humble Himself to the point of death and willingly take my sins (and all sin)! That in itself would be huge, but He went beyond that to be the single, perfect sacrifice that would not only save me but would sanctify me. He made me perfect through the offering of His life's blood and gave me this treasure in a jar of clay to show that the surpassing power belongs to Him. This is why the Holy Spirit can bear witness with my Spirit saying, I will put my laws on their hearts, and write them on their minds. My heart and mind have been washed, cleansed, made alive, saved, and sanctified! What a glorious sacrifice is this! Yet, this sacrifice goes even further. He will remember my sins and lawless deeds no more!!! Sins forgiven and forgotten!! Reconciliation is complete.

Father,
Thank You for Jesus who saved and sanctified me, who dealt with my sin so completely that they are forgotten, and who is coming back for me so that I might be with You for eternity. Praise to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit!
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment