Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Point of No Return

Prov. 1:24-26
Because I have called and you refused to listen, have stretched out my hand and no one has heeded, because you have ignored all my counsel and would have none of my reproof, I will also laugh at your calamity; I will mock when terror strike you...

Sadly, there is a point of no return, of refusing to listen, of stubbornly choosing self over God' wisdom. But by contrast, if you listen and turn at the reproof, wisdom will flow over you giving you words of life as opposed to words of destruction. Verse 27 speaks of time when the foolish person, who has refused to listen, will then call on wisdom, but it is too late. They have crossed over the point of no return because they hated knowledge and refused to choose the fear of the Lord. What is left for this person? Their only recourse is eating the fruit of their own way and having their fill of their own devices. Harsh! The alternative is whoever listens to wisdom will dwell secure and will be at ease, without dread of disaster. The choice is self and foolishness ending in destruction or listening and learning ending in life. I praise God that He drew me to Himself, turning my heart to Him and His wisdom. But even after salvation, wisdom is a tricky thing because self still wants control of the life and tries desperately to infect my soul with foolishness. It is my constant prayer that God will make His wisdom a reality in my life...But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of good fruits and mercy, sincere, and impartial, and a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace. How flawed my wisdom is! How very different I am from this standard! But the Spirit through the power of the Word can grow me into this person. God's wisdom can be mine if my heart is submissive and truly desires it, if I let go the reins of my own self-will, and if I humbly submit to God as He shapes my life.

Father,
Make Your wisdom a reality in my life. Teach me how to be what You desire me to be.
In Jesus name,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment