Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Super Blessings

Ps. 32:1-2
Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit.

Blessings in any form are wonderful, but the blessings in this verse are crucial to life. Without God taking care of my sin issue, I would be lost eternally with no hope. So yes, the man whose sin is forgiven is blessed! The man whom the Lord holds no sin against is blessed! Practically, how did God grant this blessing? He did it through the sacrifice of His only, beloved Son. Jesus was God in the flesh who took the form of man. He humbled Himself to the point of death, death on a cross. His shed blood became the cover for my sin because His blood paid the penalty, the penalty that was mine. God willingly offered part of Himself to bless my life with forgiven sin! It is at the cross that this life of blessing begins.

After I am forgiven and born again, then I live in newness of life, resurrection life. But still I am a fleshly person with all the failings and flaws that people have, so how am I free of deceit? That too is a gift from God. When Jesus died and was resurrected, He not only paid for my sin and gave me new life, but He imputed His righteousness to me!!! When God looks at me, He sees the righteousness of Jesus. What a blessing is this!! This life of blessing is all of grace, gifts given to me by a gracious God and a glorious Savior!

But how do I continue to live this life of blessing? Verse 5 says I acknowledged my sin to you and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, I will confess my transgressions to the Lord, and You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Simply put, it is a life of confession, of honesty. It is not a life of self-righteousness or a life that condones or justifies sin, but on the contrary, it is a life of submission and dependence. When I confess, my heart is free to receive all the grace that I need to live for Jesus and bring glory to Him and to the Father. His grace is sufficient for me, for His power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Confession and admitting my weaknesses opens the door for the great flow of God's grace and power for daily living. What a great blessing is this grace! How blessed am I to be God's child!

Father,
Thank You for sending Jesus, for forgiving my sin, for imputing to me His righteousness, for allowing me to confess sin, and for sending me grace for my weaknesses. Thank You for this great grace and for You being a gracious God!
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment